Fundraising Goal: $100,000
Your generous contribution to the $10 Africa college fund will ensure that we meet our goal of $100,000
The $10 Africa College Fund
...is a self-sustaining loan fund which provides disadvantaged youth access to higher education degrees
By giving $10 you are giving a child a future, you are changing a nation, forever.
Help disadvantaged youth in South Africa get into college and back into the economy. 85% of youth have no access to tertiary education because of lack of funds or poor school-leaving credentials.
How it works:
- We give a loan - not a scholarship - but we also give them a job.
- So while doing their degree, in 5 years they not only pay off their student loan, they also get real work experience, and a little bit of money to support their families.
- As they repay their loan, the money goes to fund another young person with no opportunity.
Over the past 10 years, organisations we have built have educated over 5,000 unemployed youth, and 4,500 are working in jobs earning together over R200 million in annual salaries - money that is going back into the hands of poor families and back into the economy.
Real dignity, no handouts. The opportunity for a bright future through effective education.
For $10 you can educate away poverty.
Your Support Provides:
- Program Funding to build self-esteem of school learners and reduce alcohol and drug risks for 1 000 secondary students before November 2010, as part of the school Quiet Time program
- Higher Education Loans
- Lunch daily Monday to Friday
- Books, materials, and internet access
- Financial Literacy Training
- Community Mentors and Tutors
- Learn & Earn opportunities
Your generous contribution to the $10 Africa college fund will ensure that we meet our goal of $100,000 for 2010 providing accessible high quality education and skills training to disadvantaged youth.